Clean Lashes are Happy Lashes
OK, let’s have a conversation about lash maintenance. 🙂 Really, it’s not difficult and of all the eyelash
extensions we see it’s the lashes that are clean that have the best retention. Think about this. We know
that oil and products with oil in them are the kiss of death for your eyelash extensions. That is why
when you first come in for a set of lashes we ask you to make sure your lashes are clean and dry; no
mascara or makeup reside and no left-over oily eye makeup remover. Dry and clean lashes from the
beginning help your lashes to bond well with the extensions. From there, when you come in for your
lash fills, and for the most part, a large majority of our clients only need to come in every 3 weeks for a
refill. Some clients prefer to come in every 2 – 2 ½ weeks (might be the nap opportunity with a cozy
So how do you keep your lashes clean without spending a ton of time on them?
Here are some hints:
- After a fill or your first full lash set keep your lashes dry for 24-48 hours
- After a shower brush your lashes gently with your lash brush to separate them and let them dry
- If you have oily skin, it’s even more important to keep your natural skin oils from coming in
contact with your lash extensions so a daily cleanse helps.
- Keep oil-based products away from your lash extensions.
- Use a soft brush and a gentle oil free cleanser such as Lashfresh Foaming Clean Wash. We sell it
here and it’s only $14.
- Using a small amount of cleanser and your brush gently clean your lashes close to the lash line.
This rids the base of your lashes of oils, dirt and makeup.
- Lack of cleansing your lashes leads to build up, that is, believe us, not only gross, but again leads
to early lash loss. When your lash stylist fills your lashes, she must first clean them thoroughly
before adding new lashes. If your lashes are quite dirty it takes away from the time she has to
add more lashes during your appointment time.
- Proper lash cleaning also leads to healthy growth of your natural lashes which we all know
results in strong natural lashes.
- If you can, avoid mascara, especially waterproof mascara. Mascara is full of oil but if you must
use mascara, for instance, right before your fill, use it only on the tips of your lashes and clean
the mascara off your lashes as soon as you can.
We all love our lash extensions and we want you to get the most out of your lash investment. Keep
them clean and come in for regular fills and your lashes will always be full and fabulous!